Will get back our money_ Buahri vows to probe Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan over $16 billion spent on power

Although it is just few days  remaining to decide if this Government led under Buhari will remain in power or not, the President Buhari led administration seems to be sure to retain power as it today reaffirmed that it was set to probe former President of Nigeria Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan over the alleged  $16 billion spent on power projects.
According to this Buhari, the money spent so far had nothing to show for it.

Speaking at the APC rally in Yenagoa, Bayelsa state on Tuesday, February 12th, President Buhari pledged that his administration will go after those that mismanaged the money meant for the development of the sector.

Recall that in 2018, President Buhari while speaking in the state house, said those that mismanaged funds meant for the power sector  from 1999-2017, had questions to answer.

Speaking about the power sector at the presidential rally, President Buhari said

“You know we are building roads. The railway was virtually killed. We are rebuilding it and there was no power, we are bringing power back. The previous government mentioned on their own that they spent 16 billion American dollars for power. But you are better witnesses than myself. Where is the power? Where is the money? We will follow them and eventually God willing we will get them and we will get our money back''.
Will get back our money_ Buahri vows to probe Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan over $16 billion spent on power Will get back our money_ Buahri vows to probe  Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan over $16 billion spent on power Reviewed by Bueze Onyeka on 02:53 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.